Sunday, February 19, 2017

2016 WNBA FG% Distribution by Shot Location

So this is a first for POTH: I am posting twice in one day, or twice in one uninterrupted span of wakefulness. However, it is a diminutive post. Below is a shot chart for the 2016 WNBA regular season with field goal percentage. Greener means higher shooting percentage, navy-er means lower percentage. 

Rather unexpectedly, I was able to amass some data rather quickly and it happened that the shot locations were included. I got excited as I often do when there are discoveries at 00:18. Of course, the chart would would be more informative if the hexagons were sized according to the quantity of shots therein (e.g., here). But it's late and my belly aches.

Chart 1: Distribution of FG% by Shot Location in the WNBA, 2016

A previous post revealed some differences in WNBA compared to NBA league-wide aggregate statistics. I am now able to address these and other topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment